17 Ideas about Growth and Failure
1. Realize and accept you are not perfect. Perfection is a lie.
2. Acknowledge losses teach us more than victories.
3. Failure helps us to appreciate and enjoy success even more.
4. Failing does not mean you did not improve.
5. A single performance does not define you, but it can change you.
6. Measure your growth over the long-term.
7. You are your own measuring stick. Compare yourself to yourself.
8. Focus only on what you can control, not what you cannot control.
9. Be willing to change, adapt, or adjust habits and processes.
10. Execute the fundamentals with supreme consistency. 11. Concentrate on specific skills through deep practice over longer periods.
12. Cultivate a growth mindset and believe progress will occur.
13. Admire, respect, and learn from successful competition.
14. Seek and accept coaching from knowledgeable mentors.
15. Grow in a group. Help others along the way as you help yourself.
16. Treat failure as your friend and the lesson you needed to grow.
17. After it is over, ask yourself:
a) What did I learn today?
b) What could I have done differently?
c) What am I going to do about it?
There are thousands of other ideas. Utilize these and develop your own. Train your mind and the body will follow.